Sometimes it’s as simple as this. «Less is more» & that is the key of a younger looking appearance!
Remember when we were 16 and tried so hard to look older & more mature? I must admit that I used to put a lot of black eyeliner at the waterline of my eyes! I bet you did too.
Well.. things like that must stay in the past if you want to look younger!
Here are 10 amazing things you can do to look younger absolutely naturally, toxic free, organically & healthy!
1. Organic oils. They are the must have organic product for your skincare. You can use them for so many skin purposes & their benefits are numerous. Their antioxidants & intense moisturizing properties can give you back all the healthy glow & make you look younger in an instant, trust me! Favourite organic oils for this purpose are pure organic argan oil and ofcourse, organic rosehip oil! The last one is the k i n g of young looking skin! My ideal vegan blend of organic oils which contain organic Rosehip oil is the one by Evolve Beauty! It’s the most nourising & hydrating thing I have ever put on my face. Always choose pure & organic oils.
2. Make your makeup routine as minimal as it gets.. You don’t need all these products & by-products companies try to sell you. To be honest, they create needs that you don’t even have! Let’s start from there. Limit yourself to the basics. Not only it will save you so much money & time, but you will also look more natural, more fresh & ofcourse younger! Repeat after me: «I don’t really need an eye primer, a brow gel, countouring, baking, a lip liner, more than two palettes of eyeshadows or even a setting spray». And don’t forget, the less the layers of foundation, the better. Making your skin look semi-transparent can make you look a lot younger right away. Also, the quality of the products you are using will define your skin’s health & youth. So, go for the organic makeup products! They won’t only make you look beautiful, but they will enhance your natural beauty by protecting it & sometimes even healing it (for example, mineral foundations).
3. Don’t overdo your hair. It’ s not a good idea to freak out everytime you see the routes. In fact, let the natural routes grow a little, so that the rest of the hair harmonizes your face frame. I have noticed that whenever I dye or highlight my hair, the routes are critical for the final result. If they aren’t touched, I look more natural & everything seems more blend in. Your natural routes can make you look younger, believe it or not. Moreover, it seems that shiny, voluminous & healthy hair really makes you look & feel younger. Trim every 2-3 months the destroyed ends & let your hair be at their best condition.
4. Initiate a sport you like & stick to it. Help your metabolism be fast & your whole body to be in shape. A firm, low-fat body will make you look at your very best. As the years go by, we usually tend to look more bulky, lose elasticity, loose body skin & so much more. So, don’t give up & go get the healthy & young looking body you deserve! The food you eat is also very important. Did you know that sugar makes the skin age like crazy? Did you also know that vegetables & fruit can very well preserve your youth? And never forget your sunscreen before you go out! Also, drink at least 2 litres of water every single day, to hydrate your body, skin, hair.
5. Sometimes the way we dress can make us look so much older. The strict, formal, lady-like type of clothes can add years, sometimes even decades! Try to be smart when it comes to clothes. There are some rules that can make you look a lot younger by wearing some specific wardrobe pieces, like jeans. In fact, by combining jeans with other strict pieces like your white shirt or your black pointed high heels, you give your look a teenage vibe, without risking not to look chic enough.
And last but not least, be careful with how you are using your makeup products! There are some no-no to your techniques which I wish you have stopped doing them even from high school. Unfortunately lots of layers of mascara age us, dry mascara ages us, black eyeliner on the waterline ages us (also make our eyes appear smaller), thick eyeliner on the upper eyelid ages us, dark lipsticks ages us (especially when we are over 30), powders & foundations who sit on the pores & on the fine lines/wrinkles age us, dark eyeshadows if not used properly (very good blending, smooth result etc.) age us. So avoid any of those aging habits & let your natural beauty blossom!
Here are some organic makeup products that will help you look younger:
I hope you found this article helpful!
Feel free to comment. I would love to hear from you 🙂
Until next time,
Photo by Zulmaury Saavedra on Unsplash